St. Monica's Parish, originally established to meet the needs of a people recovering from war, has ministered since then to our changing community.
We who choose St. Monica's Roman Catholic Parish, are challenged by Scripture and inspired by the Holy Spirit:
- To come together to celebrate in word and sacrament our faith in Jesus Christ
- To recognise the dignity of each person
- To appreciate the gifts each individual brings to our community
- To celebrate the diversity that various small communities bring to our parish family
- To work for justice and peace in our church and in society;
- To have a particular compassion for young, elderly, poor and disadvantaged people, while affirming the equality of all
In these ways we strive to live the words of Scripture:
This is what God asks of you, only to act justly, to love tenderly, and to walk humbly with your God.